This document is a work-in-progress; it will never be complete nor 100% accurate.
My homelab journey started back in 2009 with a ReadyNAS and my home automation journey started in 2013 with Arduino Nanos.
I have lots of experience, but will never consider myself an expert; there is always something to learn about!
- Prusa MK4
- Prusa Mini+
- Prusa MK2S (Shared)
- YoraHome Mandril
- R86S - Opnsense router w/10G SFP+ and three 2.5Gbe
- QNAP QSW-M2116P-2T2S - Multi-gig switch with two 10G SFP+/10Gbe, and the remainder are 2.5Gbe
- GWB7664 - Wifi 6 Access Point
Runs the clusters, NAS, and virtual workstation.
- Intel Core i7-13700 - Built-in iGPU
- AsrockRack W680D4U-2•2T - Built-in 10Gbe
- 64GB DDR5 ECC
- ESXI Hypervisor
Stratum 1 PTP/NTP Server
- Raspberry Pi CM4
- Waveshare PoE Carrier board
- UBlox LEA-M8T concurrent GNSS receiver
- Zooz 700 Z-Wave Stick - My dwindling ZWave network
- ZZH Zig-a-zig-ah Zigbee Stick - Zigbee!
- (7) SmartThings Water Leak Sensors (Zigbee)
- (3) GE Switches & Dimmer Switches (ZWave)
- (5) Ikea TRÅDFRI Bulbs (Zigbee)
- (4) Ikea TRÅDFRI Smart Buttons (Zigbee)
- K3S - Kubernetes is so hot right now.
- Traefik - a http load balancer, obtains certificates (both external and internal) from Let’s Encrypt, managed via labels within the stack definition.
- MetalLB - load balancer for bare-metal kubernetes
- Wireguard - a secure connection into my home network.
- ArgoCD - continuous deployment of my homelab
- Longhorn - distributed block storage
- Mosquitto - a publish-subscribe-based messaging protocol
- Home Assistant - a home automation software hub
- Grafana - a data-visualization tool; draws pretty charts and graphs from the data within Influx
- ESPHome - a sensor framework for ESP8266 and ESP32 micro-controllers; I use it for most of my other custom IoT devices like my thermostat actuator, garage door actuator, fireplace actuator, etc.
- InfluxDB - a time-series datastore; Home Assistant publishes sensor changes into Influx
- PostgreSQL - a relational database that houses data for Miniflux and Home Assistant.
- Actual - budgeting software; once Actual has a mobile interface I’m bailing on YNAB.
- Terraform - Automated K3S cluster creation on ESXI
- Kopia - automated backups
- Miniflux - an opinionated RSS feed reader; replaced Feedly and Google Reader before that.
- Plex - media streaming with hardware transcoding